GX has a limited amount of remaining funds which enable it to allocate a small number of grants (approx. 6) to businesses in 2020. Therefore applications for the final wave (Wave 6) of funding from GX are now open.
The grants are designed to support product, process and service innovation in SMEs based in the NELEP area. This is therefore for businesses based in Gateshead, Newcastle, North Tyneside, Northumberland, South Tyneside and Sunderland local authority areas. Unfortunately, we cannot support companies in the Durham local authority area in this wave of funding.
The grants are to support companies / projects in one of regional smart specialisation sectors and areas of opportunity: Passenger vehicle manufacture; Subsea and Offshore Energy, Life Sciences and Health; Creative, Digital, Software and Technology based services, Health innovation, business information modelling and immersive technologies.
The timescales were as follows:
WAVE 6 (subject to available funding)
- Applications open – 31st July 2020
- Deadline for submitting full applications: Wednesday 19th August 2020 at midnight
- Notification of outcome to applicants: Week beginning 31st August 2020
- Start of the project: September 2020
- Completion of the project: The project applied for MUST be complete and paid for by mid November
A few things to consider are:
- The project delivery period must be complete by date specified.
- The grant provided cannot exceed £3,000
- Successful applicants from previous waves of Grants are unable to apply
- The number of grants available overall approximately 6 depending on the value awarded.
- All businesses must comply with ERDF publicity requirements if successful.
Please read our guidance for company eligibility criteria, what can be funded, and details on what information you need to provide before making a start. All applicants will need to complete the full application form in order for a project to be assessed.
Please contact the GX team at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.