GX Grants in 2020 – Waves 4 and 5
We are delighted to announce two new waves of grants in 2020.
Are you a local SME with a project to develop a new product or service and looking for funding? Our innovation grant scheme could help if your project is developed enough and you are able to put some of your own funding into it too.
Grants available are from £3,000 to £7,500 and will need to be match funded (60%) by your company.
The grants are to support companies / projects in one of regional smart specialisation sectors and areas of opportunity: Passenger vehicle manufacture; Subsea and Offshore Energy, Life Sciences and Health; Creative, Digital, Software and Technology based services, Health innovation, business information modelling and immersive technologies.
The timescales are as follows:
WAVE 4 – Applications open
- Deadline for submitting full applications: 21 February 2020
- Notification of outcome to applicants: 28 February 2020
- Start of the project: During March-April 2020
WAVE 5 (subject to available funding)
- Applications open – 9 March 2020
- Deadline for submitting full applications: 1 May 2020
- Notification of outcome to applicants: 8 May 2020
- Start of the project: During May-June 2020
A few things to consider are:
- The project delivery period must be up to 3 months.
- The grant provided cannot exceed £7,500
- Successful applicants from previous waves of Grants are unable to apply
- The number of grants available overall is between 12 and 24 depending on the value awarded.
- All businesses must comply with ERDF publicity requirements if successful.
Please read our guidance for company eligibility criteria, what can be funded, and details on what information you need to provide before making a start. All applicants will need to complete the full application form in order for a project to be assessed.
Please contact the GX team at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.