The evolution of innovative and disruptive technologies has caused fundamental shifts within the creative and cultural industries.
These innovations are reshaping industry boundaries and challenging conventional business models and practices. Technology is increasingly being used to create new forms of artistic expression, audience experience and creative practice. At the same time methods of developing and distributing creative products and services are being disrupted by new digital technology and a new generation of media consumers demanding more choice, more access and less cost.
What we’re exploring
Emerging tech presents both opportunities and challenges for the cultural and creative sectors. From crowd sourced content to collapsing industry boundaries, this event will consider the future of the creative industries, highlight areas for collaboration, and turn potential disruptions into definite opportunities.
Why you should come:
This event will give you the opportunity to:
- Join Margot James, Minister of State for the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport.
- Explore immersive audience experiences with Hammerhead VR
- Gain insight into Creative England's support programme Creative Enterprises for businesses in the cultural sector.
- Hear from Dave Black at Mixed Immersion on exciting new collaborations in the cultural sector.
- Find out about the BBC Digital Cities Programme, which is running a week of events for the creative industries in the North East in October 2018.
Venue: Northern Design Centre
Get searching things to do