The Northumbrian Water Group’s Innovation Festival is a truly unique event, tackling 12 societal and environmental problems, and applying design thinking techniques to try to solve them. The focus is on innovation, and the setting is that of a summer festival.
The festival will see major companies working with north east innovation experts businesses, local universities, schools and members of the public to come up with and explore innovative ways to help change the world.
The five day event will take place in Newcastle and will explore multiple issues, including:
• Smart homes – how can we improve lives by making the most of smart technology?
• ‘Testing the water’ – how can the use of Digital Twins improve our future?
• Moving on – what will the future of transport look like?
• Green planet – how can we become a carbon positive?
• Smiling happy people power – how can we create a happier more productive work force?
• Building blocks – how can innovation and tech improve design, construction operation and maintenance?
• Vision of the future – how can we improve the lives of people who are visually impaired?
• Blue planet: How can we reduce the impact of single use plastics?