A big weekend of activities designed for all the family. Showing you how to save money, be environmentally savvy and live a rich and creative life. Leading and emerging artists, demonstrations, stalls, talks & workshops offering thrifty advice, tips and tricks as well as innovative tasty food and drink.
We have won a multitude of awards since starting out, including Best Event Teesside (in 2015 and 2017), Gold as North East Tourism Event of the Year and the Observer Ethical Awards for Arts and Culture, recognising the fact that artists are embedded in the programme as agents for social change.
The Festival’s ethos:
- Build a unique and distinctive, fun, sustainable national event which draws positive media attention to our partners, Tees Valley and the North East.
- Celebrate the heritage and contribute to the future prosperity of Tees Valley and its industry.
- Ensure wider economic benefit through encouraging extended visitor spend on travel, accommodation, restaurants and businesses.
- Contribute to community cohesion through targeting communities with less access to culture.
- Highlight the skills and creativity of the region’s artists and craftspeople, to inspire people of all ages to learn old ways, and find new ways to be creative in their ever y day lives.
- Promote the concept of sustainable living and being a voice for sustainable issues.