Curated by Leeds Indie Food festival, Chow Down will bring a dozen of the very best street food pop-ups in Yorkshire to Halifax for summer weekends of foodie fun through June, July, August and September. The Piece Hall has always combined commerce and culture, and that is just what Chow Down brings to the fore.
With a quarter of the stalls showcasing veggie or vegan options, there will be something in the diverse line-up of foodie favourites for everyone. Known for the diversity of their events, the independent retailers highlighted by Leeds Indie Food are bound to get your tastebuds tingling and mouthwatering.
As well as stalls, Chow Down will feature:
• A Yorkshire farmers and produce market
• &/Or Emporium – curated arts, crafts, print and plant stalls
• A central bar – the craft beer and ale tent – showcasing the best and most exciting local and national breweries
• A cocktail, prosecco and wine bar DJs and live bands covering the genres – everything from brass bands to acoustic sessions
• Communal outside dining space
JUST ANNOUNCED: The first batch of food traders for the inaugral Chow Down on 29 June – 1 July are Proove Pizza, Froconut Golden Balls Leeds, The Baking Biker, Food 4 Festivals, Sabroso Street, POCO Sicilian Street Food, The Cure Fine Charcuterie, Yorkshire Dama Cheese, Yorkshire Pie Bakery and Meat Stack.