Applications for the final wave (Wave 5) of funding from GX are now closed.
The grants were designed to support product, process and service innovation in SMEs based in the NELEP area. This is therefore for businesses based in Gateshead, Newcastle, North Tyneside, Northumberland, South Tyneside and Sunderland local authority areas. Unfortunately, we cannot currently support companies in the Durham local authority area.
The grants were to support companies / projects in one of regional smart specialisation sectors and areas of opportunity: Passenger vehicle manufacture; Subsea and Offshore Energy, Life Sciences and Health; Creative, Digital, Software and Technology based services, Health innovation, business information modelling and immersive technologies.
The timescales were as follows:
WAVE 5 (subject to available funding)
- Applications open – 27 March 2020
- Deadline for submitting full applications: 1 May 2020
- Notification of outcome to applicants: 8 May 2020
- Start of the project: During May-June 2020
A few things to consider are:
- The project delivery period must be up to 3 months.
- The grant provided cannot exceed £3,000
- Successful applicants from previous waves of Grants are unable to apply
- The number of grants available overall is between 12 and 24 depending on the value awarded.
- All businesses must comply with ERDF publicity requirements if successful.
Please read our guidance for company eligibility criteria, what can be funded, and details on what information you need to provide before making a start. All applicants will need to complete the full application form in order for a project to be assessed.
Please contact the GX team at email@example.com with any questions.