We are actively working to increase the accessibility and usability of our website and in doing so adhere to many of the available standards and guidelines.
We endeavour to conform to level Double-A of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0.
These guidelines explain how to make web content more accessible for people with disabilities. Conformance with these guidelines will help make the web more user friendly for all people.
This site has been built using code compliant with W3C standards for HTML and CSS. The site displays correctly in the following browsers and using standards compliant HTML/CSS code.
Our website should display correctly in the current and previous two versions of the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer
Areas we’re still working on
While this website strives to adhere to the accepted guidelines and standards for accessibility and usability, it is not always possible to do so in all areas of the website.
The specific areas where we are currently working to achieve better accessibility are:
- Provision of video and audio transcripts
- Provision of audio captions
- Provision of audio descriptions
- Alt text for images doesn’t include information on where the user will be taken, just what the image depicts
- We sometimes show 3rd party content and we’re working with these suppliers to make this content accessible in the future
- Some default colour settings may have constrast issues.
We are continually seeking out solutions that will bring all areas of the site up to the same level of overall web accessibility. In the meantime should you experience any difficulty in accessing www.getnorth2018.com, please contact us.
Call us on
+44 (0)191 4405720
NewcastleGateshead Initiative, 9th Floor, Baltic Place East, South Shore Road, Gateshead, NE8 3AE
Email us at